- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
3rd Annual Military Virtual Training & Simulation Summit
May 22-23, 2019 | Alexandria, VA
The 2019 Military Virtual Training & Simulation Summit will provide a forum for members of the DoD, Private Industry, Academia and other relevant stakeholders to discuss the current and future direction and utilization of virtual training & simulation technologies throughout the Military Services. The Summit will focus on the efforts to leverage M&S technologies across the Military in order to increase warfighter readiness and help train for future multi-domain operations.
2019 Confirmed Speakers:
- COL Joseph Nolan, USA
- Deputy Director
- US Army Modeling and Simulation Office
- Col Gerard Ryan, USAF
- Chief,Operational Training Infrastructure Division
- Directorate of Training and Readiness
- Headquarters U.S. Air Force
- Col Russell Driggers, USAF
- 80th Flying Training Wing
- CAPT Frank Castellano, USN
- Commanding Officer
- Center for Surface Combat Systems
- LTC Dylan Morelle, USA
- Synthetic Training Environment Training Innovation Facility
- COL (Dr.) Jerome Buller, USA
- U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research
- Dennis Reed
- M&S Deputy
- Department of Navy
Why You Should Attend This Year’s Summit:
This educational Summit will bring together senior DoD officials, military leaders, academia, and solution providers to explore emerging concepts and capabilities in Virtual Training and Simulation technologies. These new systems will help improve warfighter readiness and prepare them to fight on any terrain and in any environment. No longer will the DoD have to spend millions of dollars to ship men and equipment across the country when training can be complete at home station. With these new abilities, former Secretary of Defense James Mattis’ goal of the warfighter facing 25 simulated battles before they every face the real thing can become a reality.
DSI’s 2019 Military VT&S Summit will emphasize the use of VT&S to improve warfighter readiness while also increasing safety and reducing cost. The global shift back to a Great Power Competition world along with the threat from non-state actors requires that America’s warfighters be trained and prepared for a wide variety of operational environments. In order to accomplish this task, the military is shifting towards virtual systems that can simulate everything from the villages of Afghanistan to the dense urban cities of China. The development of virtual training systems will allow America’s Warfighters to be prepared and ready for any battle needed to defend America and America’s assets.
This Summit will feature senior level discussions that emphasize the critical need for the rapid acquisition and development of VT&S capabilities across all services. This program will allow for open and honest dialogue to solve the nation’s most difficult technical and strategic challenges.
*Symposium is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*
Topics to be Covered at the 2019 Summit:
– Delivering Leap Ahead Technology Simulation Capabilities
– Leveraging M&S and LVC Solutions for Increased Soldier, Unit, and Force Readiness
– Developing Live, Virtual, Constructive and Gaming Replications to Support the Operational Environment
– Employing Simulation to Deliver Realistic Near-Peer OPFOR
– Increasing Solider Lethality through use of Modeling and Simulation
– Integrating M&S Solutions to Reduce Overhead Cost of Traditional Training Methods
– Utilizing Modeling and Simulation to Close Lethality and Readiness Gaps
– Leveraging Innovative M&S Technologies to Supplement Military Medical Training
At our Summit You Have the Ability To:
Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the Modeling and Simulation communities.
Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance
Influence: Help foster ideas! Sare your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The Military Virtual Training & Simulation Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
- Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
– DSI’s symposium directly supports DHS, IC, DoD, and Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
– DSI’s symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
– The symposium is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational training forum, and a widely attended gathering.
Participating Organizations at Last Years Summit Included:
US Army Modeling & Simulation Office, Lockheed Martin, 711th Human Performance Wing, Air Force A3T, US Army Combined Arms Center-Training, Northrop Grumman, Boeing Company, DC CD&I, Air Force Research Laboratory, TRADOC, Rockwell Collins, OPNAV, Marine Corps System Command, IARPA, PEO STRI, US Army Research Lab, NATO Modeling and Simulation Center of Excellence, DoD CIO, MITRE, Mantech International, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, SAIC, Naval Air System Command, Adobe, RAND Corporation, Raytheon, and many more!
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.