Early Confirmed Speakers:
Maj Gen Scott Smith, USAF, Director of Training and Readiness, A3 USAF
Dr. Kevin Geiss , Director, Airman Systems Directorate, 711th Human Performance Wing, Air Force Research Lab
COL Philip Carpenter, USAF , Chief, Simulators Division Air Force Life Cycle Management Center
COL Joseph Nolan, USA, Deputy Director US Army Modeling and Simulation Office
Dr. Peter Squire , Program Officer, Expeditionary Maneuver Warfare and Combating Terrorism Dept. ONR
Why You Should Attend This Summit
This educational summit brings together the government, military, academic, and scientific community to discuss the latest developments in virtual training and simulation as an effective tool to advance warfighter readiness.
In order to have a winning military force, warfighters must be effectively prepared and trained to ensure maximum readiness. As the military continues to face increasingly complex challenges, it will demand a wider range of skill sets, capable of being taught by use of virtual environments. In addition, while real-life training exercises are costly, virtual training and simulation provides an alternate means of preparing warfighters in both an inexpensive and safe way. Due to these significant advantages, the current and future of military training has been prioritizing the practice of mixed reality and simulators as valuable tools.
This summit will feature senior level discussions surrounding updates and new developments on technologies and innovative learning approaches for training tomorrow’s warfighter. Leaders will discuss the substantial benefits of live, virtual, constructive training systems in a budget constrained environment, and how such solutions better prepare our force. This program will highlight virtual training and simulation as the forefront strategy of military training in its advanced and real-life attributes absent of the harmful dangers of an actual battlefield.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees
- DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, IC, DHS, and Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department's mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS